20

Even drunk, I am caught off-guard,
By the way, I remain intoxicated by you

It was soft, Sid relished the fluffy tiny food that was in between his teeth. Was it a pancake or a fluffy omelet? He doesn’t know what he is eating and he doesn’t care too.

“Sid for god’s sake leave my ears” Sid groaned hearing his twin brother’s voice. He whined realizing that the food was taken away from his mouth. He wants it back, his teeth are craving for that substance. “Mom!! Dad!!” Abhi screamed while trying to save himself from his flesh-eating brother. Duh, he remembered that he was with their father while their mother is in Delhi.

“Abhi!! Sid!!” Omkara’s worried voice rang inside the room as he spotted Abhi trying to push Sid off his shoulder. “Dad, Save me! Sid is trying to eat me” Abhi cried out loud and Omkara shook Sid who woke up with a startle.

“Where is it? Where is my food?” Sid asked in anticipation. “You idiot! You were going to eat me and I am not something to eat” Abhi screamed pushing his brother away and hiding behind his father. What if Sid tries to eat him again?

“Abhi! Sid! Why don’t you both calm down so that we can know what happened?” Omkara asked in his most calm voice. Gauri was in Delhi and he was left in charge of the kids because all others were busy with Bhavya’s engagement which is happening the next day. There will be a party for all the business associates in the evening and he was going mad trying to handle kids and the home.

Omkara wanted to spend his time with kids and opted for them to stay in Oberoi Mansion on weekends but seeing the hostile behavior of his choti maa and his sons, Gauri suggested him to choose an apartment where they four will spend their weekends. Bhavya and Rudr along with Ruvya too accompanied them sometimes. The apartment had only three rooms so Whenever the 7 of them are there, Gauri and Bhavya will take Gauri’s room and Rudr will be with him and the kids get their room.

“Dad, Sid was trying to eat off my ear” Abhi showed his red ear. “No, I was eating food,” Sid said with a narrowed eyes. “Since when is my ear your food?” Abhi asked taking a step away from his brother. “No, you weren’t there in my dream. Alice was serving me omelet” Sid said and Omkara tried his best not to roll his eyes.

His little boy was smitten by his P.A the moment he saw her and was continuously flirting with her but a dream of her? Man, he should stop Sid from spending too much time with his baby brother Rudr.

“Sid, you were dreaming of food and it was not omelet but your brother’s ears that you were trying to eat” Omkara concluded looking at his son who gagged when he said it was his brother’s ears. “Now I have to wash my mouth at least a thousand times to get rid of his taste,” Sid said and ran seeing the furious face of his brother.

Omkara walked into the living room and went for his cup of coffee carefully. Sid had made a fuss when he came to know that his and Alice’s dress was not color-coordinated. Omkara had awkwardly asked Alice for her dress color so his son can surprise her.
Gauri had laughed hearing his ramble about how unprofessional and awkward it was.

His thoughts always ended on her. He wished he could change that but the more he tried to move on, the more he ended up thinking about her. It was pure luck that she agreed to be his friend and permitted him to be with Sid and Abhi.

6 months had passed since that conversation in the café. Gauri and Bhavya agreed to be in a good place for their children. Gauri and Bhavya had talked to their face that they are no longer interested to be in any relationship with neither Omkara nor Rudr.