4

Gauri sat in her office in the New York city. 15 years back, she had struggled to get her mother to a proper hospital but she now owned hospitals where there is free medical service provided for underprivileged people. She had two loving parents who abandoned their own son for her, her two loving and mischievous sons and her loved ones who stayed with her through thick and thin.

Thinking about her sons remind her of her husband, no…ex-husband. She clearly remembers how he let a simple misunderstanding create a big rift in between them. She chuckled at the thought of ‘Simple misunderstanding’, there was only misunderstanding between them.

She clearly remembered the day which brought back bitter memories, she tries too hard to forget that fateful day but she could never do that.
Tej Singh Oberoi had done her shradh! She sat on her room crying until she felt all her tears dry up. Her husband tried his best to stop that but whatever done was painful for her. For the first time in her life, she felt like she needed someone for her. She dedicated her childhood and teenage for her mother and after her marriage it was for her husband and his family. She felt alone for the first time!

“Gauri…” Gauri wiped her tears and turned to see Tia. From the look on the woman’s face, Gauri understood that she was remorseful. “I am sorry about whatever happened” Tia said as she stood near the door frame. “Its okay!” Gauri replied. Tia started walking inside trying hard not to hit somewhere. “You don’t have to act blind” Gauri said in a soft tone.

“What?”Tia was surprised. “I saw your old picture with Svetlana. I know you both are sisters” Gauri said as Tia wide her eyes in shock.
“Don’t worry I won't tell anyone” Gauri said after a minute of pause. “But why? All these things happened in your life because of me” Tia sat near Gauri. “No, it was because I was fighting for my family but I guess now my ex-family” Gauri tried to joke but a lone tear down her cheeks said another story. “Svetlana has my son. I know she will not harm her nephew but I don’t want to push her buttons to any extent that may cause any harm to my family. I am trying so hard to reach to Shivaay and explain everything but I am unable to do it” Tia explained and Gauri gave a little squeeze on her hand. “Don’t lose hope! Shanker ji will surely do something to help you” Gauri assured her and Tia nodded lost in her thoughts.

“Anyway Gauri try and be the best Bahu till Anika comes, because once she comes you are not gonna be the best” Tia joked and Gauri laughed in reply. “I wish they both come back harharaike! The house already misses their bickering, splashing water at each other, breaking phones” Gauri said after a moment of silence, Tia nodded hoping the same.

“Omkara ji, have some more food…” a cold stare was what Gauri got in return. She was confused with the sudden cold behavior from her husband. He rarely talked to her and whenever she would say something, he would give her a royal ignore. But she thought that it was because of the business tension but the answer wasn’t that.

“Gauri beta…” Gauri looked on shocked at her father-in-law and mother-in-law who seemed guilty. “papa ji and maa ji…” Gauri was unsure whether they were actually going to talk to her. “Tia told us the truth!” Jhanvi said to her. Gauri was at loss of words. “please forgive us!” Gauri widened her eyes when she saw Tej Singh Oberoi folding his hands in front of her. “papa ji, what are you doing?” Gauri couldn’t let an elder person fold hands in front of her.

“I know what I did was wrong but if you forgive me then please be my bahu again” Tej said caressing Gauri’s hair. “papa ji…” Gauri’s eyes became moist in fact in that blurriness she saw her own dead father in Tej Singh Oberoi. “Gauri take this!” Jhanvi said to her showing a kangan. “I want my bahu to weat this” Gauri was reluctant to wear such an expensive jewelery but Tej’s words made her do it, “If you consider me as your father then wear it”.