Prologue

The great Kalyani Singh Oberoi couldn’t help but smile at the bickering of her elder grandson Shivaay Singh Oberoi and his wife Anika Singh Oberoi. Her family was smiling but deep down in her heart she knows that the family is incomplete. Her other two grandsons Rudr and Omkara was smiling at their bhaiyya and bhabi while enjoying the bickering of the couple and supporting their Anika bhabhi. Shakti Singh Oberoi passed the plate of poha to his mother.

To the outside world, they may seem to be happy family but there were missing puzzles in the perfect family. While the family is settled in Goa and left everything they owned in Goa, they left a few things in Mumbai and that included a few members of the family too. Gauri, Bhavya, Tej and Jhanvi was in Mumbai and now the Oberoi family is divided into two. Kalyani, Shakti and pinky left Oberoi Mansion forever to stay with Shivaay, Anika, Omkara and Rudr in Goa.

“Shivaay, you should take blessings from everyone before summer?” Anika told Shivaay while they all were having breakfast. “Is there something special coming in summer?” Shivaay tried to remember even though he know that the reason would be something silly. “Who knows after all these years some blessings would help you to increase your height?” Anika said and everyone laughed except Shivaay who glared at her.

“Sir…” all the heads turned to their resort manager Kumar who looked like a nervous wreck. “Yes, tell me Kumar” Shivaay said in a professional tone, even though he is a workaholic he never liked anyone disturbing his time with his family. “Sir…” Kumar said again unsure of how to convey the message. “Tell me!” Shivaay’s voice gained the attention of the family members. “Shivaay, why are you scaring the poor man. He will tell us” Anika tried to calm down her husband. Kumar looked scared, he was sure that his boss would fire him if he didn’t tell them but he was scared of the consequences if he tell them. “Sir, there is a boy outside and he told us that his father is Omkara Singh Oberoi” Kumar said in one breathe and all the family members looked at Omkara shocked.

“Try to remember,O. decades back…that night…driving through the jungle…rain starts..girl opening the door..you getting outside the car with her..that hotel…going throught the corridor..opening the hotel room...the condle blowing off…try to remember, O!” Rudr said in an overdramatic way. “Shut up Rudr!” Shivaay and Omkara said in an irritated voice.

“Let’s see who this boy is!” Shivaay said and all nodded. “Where is he?” Shivaay asked Kumar. “He is in the hall! I took him with me as soon as he said that his father is Omkara Singh Oberoi and by his looks, I don’t think he is lying” Kumar said. “Your job is to manage the hotel not to detect lies” Shivaay said in a rude tone and Kumar nodded before going from there.

The whole family arrived in the hall to see an 11 year old boy lying on the sofa playing some sort of game and from the phone they could hear gun shot sounds.

“Excuse me, young man?” Shivaay said making the boy groan in irritation for ruining his game. “Yes, old man!” the boy said making the Oberois wide their eyes seeing a boy having the audacity to talk back to Shivaay Singh Oberoi in attitude.
“Why did you lie that you are my brother’s son?” the boy looked on for a moment before sitting on the couch. “I didn’t lie!” they boy shrugged. “Oh really? Then how come my brother doesn’t know you or your mother? Did you fall out of sky one fine day” Shivaay probed on the questions.  “
Well first of all I don’t know why he doesn’t know about me and my mother. Second answer to your question is about my identity. My name is Siddharth Singh Oberoi and my mother is known to your brother her name is Gauri Kumari Sharma, your brother’s wife…oops ex-wife and my mother” the boy ended and realized that all of them were shocked and everyone except pinky singh Oberoi had a layer of tears and his father was the most emotional one who was on the verge of crying out loud.

With all the emotional moment, Siddharth wished he had told his mother he was in Goa instead of Shimla summer camp. His mother is gonna ground him for his life for the stunt he just pulled.