18

Kalyani Singh Oberoi stared at the huge mansion in front of her. She held herself so that she wouldn't cry. The house had many memories, even the air surrounding the place gave her nostalgic feelings. This was her home. She was like a wandering bird and now she came back to her nest and back to her family!

"Lets get inside guys!" Rudr said enthusiastically as everyone else nodded after all its been a decade since they all were in the place where they grew up. They entered the mansion to see Tej sitting in the hall reading a newspaper, his grand-daughter lying in his chest mirroring whatever her grandfather was doing.

It was Ruvya who noticed the guests and nudged her Daadu to gain his attention. "I thought it will take 2 more hours to reach" Tej said as he folded the newspaper with a polite smile. "Ruvy, go and tell you Daadi about their arrival" Ruvya nodded before sprinting off to her Daadi.

"The journey must have been tiring. Khanna will help you to settle in the room" Tej said and before anyone could say anything they saw Gauri coming to the hall with a suitcase.

"Gauri...this?" it was Omkara who found voice after the shock. "I thought to have food with you all but it will be hard for us to settled down in the new house" Gauri politely smiled at her ex-husband who stared at her in shock.

"But Gauri, why are you going? I thought we were all gonna be together" Anika said in disbelief. "No Anika bhaojayi, our home was ready but the priest said today was the best day to move in" Gauri replied as Bhavya came out carrying her suitcase.

"But beta, why do you need to move out of here?" Daadi asked as she took the hands of Gauri and Bhavya. It would be a lie if they both deny the warmth of the wrinkled arms but pushing off their thoughts they reminded themselves of their kids and their future.

"No Daadi, we have worked hard all years for that place and we really need to move on from here" Bhavya said as she gave the old woman a genuine smile. "Kids are saying the truth. It is time to move on from this place" Tej said as he saw his wife coming out with their luggage.

"Bhai saahab, Gauri and Bhavya are going but what about you? Why are you going?" Shakti asked in shock. "Gauri and Bhavya are mine and Jhanvi's responsibilities" that was the only thing Tej Singh Oberoi said.

"Shivaay, here take these!" Tej handed over a few documents to Shivaay who narrowed his eyes at those papers and quickly scanned thrugh them and shot a look of surprise towards his Bade papa.

"These are the documents of Oberoi industries which means that it is your responsibility to look after our heritage" Tej patted his nephew's head. Others were too numb to say anything for a while until Daadi decided to speak up.

"But Tej this is your home!" Daadi said in a emotional tone to her elder son. "No this is not my home! My home is wherever my daughters and Jhanvi is" Tej said holding his mother's hand. "But what about us?" Daadi asked as she let tears run down her cheeks.

Jhanvi was getting irritated seeing the melo-drama. 'They left me and my family years before and now as they are back they need us to act upon their wish' Jhanvi gritted her teeth and was going to lash at her mother-in-law when her daughter held her hands and shaked her head softly. Jhanvi noticed her husband who pleaded her with his eyes, 'please behave' he mouthed her as she nodded with a huff.

"But Gauri and kids..." Omkara said eyeing Gauri not knowing how to complete the words. "And Bhavya and Ruvya..." Rudr said as he stared at his wife who was looking at him in denial.

"What about them?" everyone came out of their own world with Jhanvi's rude yet stern voice. Gauri and Bhavya quickly held their mother's hand not wanting to create a scene. "I mean 'what about them?' Bhavya will be engaged soon and now I have to find a boy for Gauri too" Jhanvi said as she gave everyone a fake smile. Shivaay looked on as his brother's face filled with sadness and for the first time Shivaay felt helpless. It wasn't only Gauri and Bhavya but Jhanvi's indifference that is hurting them.

"I think we should go now!" Tej said breaking the tension in the room. "Kids, say bye to them!" Tej said as the kids waved at the Oberois. All bid bye to Tej, Jhanvi, Gauri, Bhavya and the kids without any other choice.

Pinky swore that she saw a evil glint in Siddharth's eyes when the kid was waving at her and it was proven right when her bed broke the moment she sat on it. Shakti and Shivaay had to take her to hospital again.

"Tej, are you okay?" Jhanvi asked her husband seeing him looking at Oberoi Mansion in a nostalgic smile. She was afraid whether he will regret moving out of Oberoi mansion. "Give me your hands!" Jhanvi kept her hands above her husband's with a frown. "This is my home, Jhanvi. Me, you, our daughter and their kids whether it be a mansion or footpath" Tej kissed his wife's forehead.

"Erm...can we open our eyes now?" Tej and Jhanvi turned their eyes to see their children sitting in the backseat of car with their eyes closed but their lips adored with a naughty smile which indicated the day-long teasing.

"Time to move on!" Bhavya said as Tej started their car to their new home.

Move on? Gauri stared at her phone where the notification showed a thumbs up from her husband. Why did she even allow herself to have coffee with him the next morning?

I am having my exams in the last week of September so was in it's preparation

I am having my exams in the last week of September so was in it's preparation. Will update the next part tomorrow :)