11

Sean had tried his level best to stay out of the Oberoi family matter but he couldn't. The moment she heard the ringing, the little girl had cuddled into his lap and pressed her face against his chest not wanting to see anyone.

Rudr had waited for a day to see his daughter but what he could see was a man with a girl in his lap, her face wasn't clear. He looked at his nephews hoping that they would help him.

Abhi really wasn't interested to make his sister meet his chachu. He felt that man was a nice one but he couldn't forget what he had done to his Bhavya maa but at the same time he couldn't snatch the right of a father so he reluctantly agreed.

But he wasn't ready for to see his always enthusiastic sister hiding in Sean's hands. She was holding Mr.Snuggles tightly. It was a gift for her from her brothers for strength to fight the bad things.

"Ruvy,..here look at me" Sid said as he moved in front of the screen. Rudr looked on as Sid and Abhi tried to gain the attention of their sister. And finally she looked and at that moment Rudr Singh Oberoi knew what the biggest privilege in the world was, being someone's 'DAD'

"Bhaiyyas, I don't want to meet anyone" the little girl said in quivering voice. Abhi and Sid looked at each other and turned to Rudr Singh Oberoi in determination, if that's what their sister wanted then she will get that. No damn thing in the world can stop her wish. If she doesn't wanna see then she won't!

"Please I just want to talk to her for a minute" Rudr folded his hands and quickly Sid and Abhi went to him immediately. Even though a part of them doesn't like the way he had treated their Bhavya maa, they couldn't let an elder person fold his hands in front of them. They looked over at the Oberois, all pair of eyes were begging them and was filled with guilt.

"I want to talk to him alone!" Sid and Abhi turned their heads hearing that from their sister. All went away to give privacy to the father-daughter duo.

"I am right here. Just tell me if you need anything" Sean said before he kissed Ruvya's head. Rudr looked on as Sean said the words he should have said to her. He was her father and he was meeting her for the first time and he missed all those years with her because of his foolishness and he regretted every ounce of it.

"Ruvya, please talk to me. Please say anything" Rudr begged when his daughter kept silence. "...and please don't cry" Rudr said as he saw tiny droplets falling from those Green-brown eyes. As soon as those words slipped out of his mouth, Ruvya wiped her tears.

"I don't know what to do. I am just 9 and I never thought or wanted to see you" Ruvya said after she composed herself. Rudr nodded not knowing what to say but nonetheless it hurt him to hear it from his own daughter.

"Mumma told me that she left you because you didn't love mumma enough" Ruvy said after a few minutes of silence. "No, I do love your mumma. It was my fault. There was family that needed me and the job stress..." Rudr couldn't complete because the little girl looked at his eyes in disappointment.

"Even mumma was your family and you know what your job was? Your job was to be with my mumma, your job was to stay, and your job was to love my mumma but you never did. I don't want you!" the little girl ran from there as Rudr cried harder.

"Mr.Oberoi, please look at me..." Sean said after he saw Ruvy running away from there. When he saw the laptop, he couldn't help but feel bad for the man in front of him who was crying like anything. "You just can't expect her to accept you the moment she sees you. You had hurt Bhavya, her mother whom she loves the most in the world but that doesn't mean that you should punish yourself. There's always that one stupid mistake that changes everything" Sean said to console Rudr.

"I don't even think my own daughter will ever forgive me" Rudr said. "It's not Ruvya who you need to apologize to. It's Bhavya! You can either try to fight for it or make the same decision of letting go" Sean said as he disconnected the call and went towards Ruvya to make sure she is okay.

"Ruv, where are you?" Sean asked as he entered the dark room. "Come out!" he said as he heard whimpering from underneath the bed.

"Did I said bad things to daddy?" Ruvya asked after Sean consoled her about whole situation. "No sweetie you didn't. How about we have ice-cream and then go pick your mumma and then have ice-cream again?" Sean asked to cheer her up and it did before she started pouting again. "Mumma won't agree to have ice-cream twice" Ruvy pouted cutely. "Only if we tell her" Sean said winking making Ruvy smile excitedly.

"Are you okay, Rudy?" Om asked after the three brothers settled in their terrace "Yeah! I felt bad but I am glad to know that I have beautiful daughter and I will try my best to make things right" Rudr said with a small smile. "And what about Bhavya? She has moved on" Rudr's face fell for a moment before it was replaced by a sad face.

"It hurts to know that she has moved on. Someone else will be in my place soon but I can't blame her when it's entirely my fault but still I feel a huge pain in my heart thinking that she won't be mine anymore" Rudr said before he went to his room.

Abhi took out his phone and called his mother after he saw his brother sleeping loudly.

"Hey, Abhi. What happened? Are you and Sid okay?" Her voice was tired but it was filled with concern to. But Sid had just a question for her.

"Mumma, do you hate my father, Mr.Omkara Singh Oberoi?"