25

"Forgiveness", it's not a new word for Gauri. She forgot the number of times she had forgiven the people around her for their wrongdoings. She forgave her husband in the past, she forgave his family for not treating her right, and she forgave her villagers for ousting her from the village she grew up in. It may have taken her some time but she questioned herself. Why should she forgive all the people around her for treating her badly?  She deserves to be mad at someone.

Gauri took a deep breath as she remembered the words that Omkara told her five months ago, "I know that a simple sorry is not enough to make you feel better and I know that too.  But what I am asking for is that forgiveness, but I also promise to pay attention to what I say and what I do, because I don't want to hurt you anymore".

What made her more frustrated was that he stayed true to his words. He was respectful towards her and never crossed any boundaries. He never even brought up the night of passion they spend together. What made her more frustrated was the look that he is giving her. The same look that she gave him all those years ago, the look of love-, the look of comfort. She used to be tired after all the Svetlana fiasco and a look into his eyes and face and she would be ready to fight the whole world for him. She even thought of staying forever as Chulbul so that she could be the comfort for him. And now he is giving her that look and it never ends well.

She doesn't want hurt him or anyone anymore as she is happy with her family. It took her a lot of time to heal her heart from the pain caused by him and she is not ready to heal another heart-break.

Gauri hurriedly took her perfume as she was getting late for her office. Another month had passed in her life but something new was going on her life. Her ex-husband have started trying to woo her.

She would wake up daily to a bunch of flowers with a note attached to it. The note would usually be a beautiful shayari by her husband and at other times it would be a small sketch of her, or her with Sid and Abhi.

Translation : Lost in your love, life's journey has become delightful,

By dwelling in your words, every sorrow has become easy.

Swayed by your affection, the heart has acknowledged the magic of love,

You're the heartbeat of my heart, you've become the smile of my life.

She told him after a few times that she didn't want him buying her flowers every day as it was a waste of money according to her . She thought he might resort to some other way but that guy! she was surprised to know that the person who wouldn't let anyone enter or touch his art studio had turned a side of it into a small garden and he would take care of all the plants from which he would gift her a flower everyday.

Gauri looked at the small paper in her cupboard that she got from her husband with a bunch of red roses, a hand-drawn picture of her, Omkara with Sid and Abhi. How beautiful the fantasy looked like- a perfect family.

Bhavya stopped at the threshold of the room seeing the view in front of her. Rudr and her little Ruvy tickling each other in the bed. It was hard to look away since she could feel herself falling in love with Rudr again and she had to stop her heart otherwise she would have to go through another heartbreak. 

Her engagement day was so beautiful as it united two lovers that day - Sean and Sam. But that day she was able to pour her pain out to Rudr. He should know the amount of pain that he had caused her. She thought that would end whatever was left between them but she was so wrong about that. Rudr came to her later the next day and apologized to her for all the pain that he had caused her. What frightened her the most was the determination that was all over his face. She knew him enough to know that if he set his mind to something then he wouldn't stop until he gained it. It's been more than 6 months and she is waiting for the day he would stop his ways to win her back.

"Now that she's asleep, I will go," Rudr said softly as he pecked his daughter's forehead. Bhavya nodded as she slowly walked with him to the door. It was late at night and she wanted to ask him to stay in the guestroom but she stopped herself as Rudr was already with her all the time, he stopped going to the office and would spend the whole day with her. He is giving her what she earned once but she was not that old naïve girl that fell in love with him. The only time he would leave her was when he would go to pick up his daughter from her school after which he would find activities that would include three of them. She do have to admit that she has never seen her daughter this happy but she was not ready to risk another pain.

"You need to stop following me," Bhavya said as she entered her office. She couldn't let him have any power over her and also, he was skipping like their daughter and walking behind her the whole day. She shook her own her at that thought, her daughter was more mature than him. "But it's so boring without Ruvya. Can I pick her up from school early today?" Rudr asked with his mouth full of a protein bar. "No! Rudr, you have already made her late for most days and what's with your face? You have chocolate all over your place. Now go and sit in some corner" Bhavya said with an exasperated tone as she went over to complete her work.

Bhavya closed her file as she didn't Rudr's annoying voice for more than 5 minutes. A part of her was worried about whether he was flirting with one of her employees. One of the benefits of Rudr following her to the office every day was that all the female employees of her company started coming to work daily at the right time and even leaving a little late. Even though many would their undivided attention to Rudr, he would only look at her and she would always deny the pleasure that she would get from that.

Bhavya smiled genuinely when she saw Rudr playing with the paperweight that was on the table while waiting for her but she quickly hid it. She walked towards him and cleared her throat to gain his attention. She pinched herself to stop from smiling as Rudr who was in his playful world looked at her as if she was Santa Claus. His innocence was what made her love him once and now she can feel her broken heart mending back itself by that same innocence. But she shook her head to get rid of those thoughts. She is happy with her life right now and she wouldn't be able to handle another heartbreak so it would be better to leave their relationship. She should focus only on her daughter and her life. She lived without Rudr Singh Oberoi and she can live the rest of her life without him. But how was she going to make her heart understand that?

Only a few more chapters to go! Please share your thoughts and reviews

P.S. the shayari is not mine. the credit goes to google.