22

I just realized that I updated the last part two months ago. My laptop was broken was in the shop for fixing for more than two months because of lockdown and tbh, the increase in the covid cases and more restrictions has been a little hard on mental health and productive days.

I have watched a lot of IGTV videos of Rikara and tried to include so many parts but I am not sure I have covered all the portions.

******************************

Gauri stared at her ex-husband as her life flashed in front of her eyes.
“Yes, Mr.Omkara Singh Oberoi, “That’s it!” why are you bringing up the past when we both had decided to move on?” Gauri asked in exasperation. Gauri decided to get out from the room when Omkara stood there motionless.

“You are never gonna trust me, are you?” Omkara asked in a congested voice from all the crying. “Trust you? On what basis, Omkara?” Gauri asked back hitting on his chest with her hands pushing him away from her.

“From the beginning itself it was me who was in this relationship. I get it your father screwed up but that doesn’t give you the right to judge me. I was here as Chulbhul because of my majboori. I never knew you were gonna be there and I was going to leave but I stayed because I needed a job to pay for my mother’s hospital expenses. Staying with you I realized that apart from all the façade of the person I saw in Bareilley, you were this broken person who was trying to save his mother and fight against his father’s mistress. I fell in love with him unintentionally. I shouldn’t have…” For a moment Omkara felt like it was the same Gauri he had been with all those years ago. The chiraiyya he knew from Bareilley.

“I am sorry for lying about my identity but my friendship with you was never a lie. Kaali threatened to kill you and I was concerned about Bua Maa’s safety that’s why I had to act with him but even after all the fiasco, you could have asked me everything instead of accusing me of being a gold-digger. Even though you disliked Gauri, you could have trusted Chulbhul. Then I brought up the pregnancy only because of Bua Maa, she would have killed you if it wasn’t for me and my lie. Every time you were excited about being a father, my heart was bleeding because I was scared of the pain you will receive when I reveal the truth that I was not pregnant. You asked me to stay back after everything and my stupid heart thought my fairytale love story was going to happen. I stayed here for you and what did I ever get in return? More accusations…You neglected me in your exhibition and instead of blaming you I tried to reach your level by learning and what did I receive? You accusing me of having an affair with my teacher. He was my teacher!” Omkara hung his head in shame hearing her.

“After you came to Bareilley I thought you changed. I came back here and life was good…” that’s the moment Omkara saw a tiny pained but beautiful smile on her face making him wish to go back to that time and not screw up.

“It took me a lot of time to understand that I was never in your priority list. Omkara ji, I understand how much you love your family but have you ever thought of me as your family at least once?” Gauri asked Omkara in a broken tone.

“Gauri, of course you are my family and I am sorry…” Gauri showed her palms to stop him. “You had many chances to apologize but you filled them with accusations against me and ignoring me. I never asked you to keep me above everyone or your brothers, I just wanted me to be at least on your priority list, for you to care for me” Gauri told him as she took deep breathes to calm herself.

“Gauri, I know I was a monster to you but please give me a chance at least for our children. I know what separated parents does to a child” Omkara said as he took hands in his.

“Our children? Omkara, you have the right of a father and that’s all. My children was the reason I fought through my divorce but whatever that happened to me made it tougher for me. A month after the delivery everything that happened between us took a toll on me. I thought I was gonna be a bad mother just like I was not a good wife to you. I was so insecure that I stayed away from my babies. You once asked me why I support your father, right. It’s because even when your mother was clueless about how to help me it was him who took charge and tried to help me because he felt guilty for what he did in the past. He tried to call back you all but asking for forgiveness. Choti Maa ji told me that I was trying to surpass Bade bhaiyya in business but the truth is that studies was a distraction for me” Gauri told him in anger.

“Gauri, that’s not true. Nobody called us in Goa” Omkara replied in disbelief.

“He did. Since Omkara Singh Oberoi never really trust anything without proof I have the phone record and the recorded conversation between Papa ji and Choti Maa ji” Gauri said in her business-tone. “Choti maa? She never told us anything” Omkara said in a shocked tone.

“I know that. Papa ji was going to come over to Goa that’s when we came across Bhavya then I realized that you never deserve those things” Gauri told Omkara in a plain tone making him look down in shame.

**********

“So you are gay?” Rudr asked Sean in a shocked tone. “Then why are you marrying Bhavya? How can you cheat her like that?” Rudr questioned after Sean nodded his head. “Bhavya knows about but my mom doesn’t. I am not sure how she will react. Being gay is frowned upon even though many are open towards it, it’s still so hard for many people to come out in fear of judgment. Bhavya know about me and Sam for a long time even Gauri knows about it.” Sean confessed as Sam held his hands knowing his inner turmoil.

While the kids were in their own world enjoying the sundae.

“I heard you talking to Rudy chachu, when did you become so wise?” Abhi asked Sid in astonishment. “Well I am always wish you just never notice it” Sid replied in attitude.

“Wait a minute…I have heard what you said to Rudy chachu somewhere….It’s what Gina says to Lynn Boyle after he freaks out about his marriage” Abhi said as he remembered the episode from Broklynn 99. “Well it was me who introduced you to that show and remembered the dialogue so keep quiet” Sid said as he glared at his twin. “Noice, bhaiyya” Ruvy said hi-fi-ing her brother.

“Did you call both of us here to scold us again?” Rudr asked as he stared at his mother. Well he don’t care if she is going to slap him either because Bhavya was going to get married the next day and she had made him promise that no matter what happens he will not interfere in the marriage.

“No, I called you both so that I can help you win the girls back!” Jhanvi said as her sons stared back at her in confusion and surprise. “Or send you both away so that my daughters can be peaceful and happy” she concluded.