17

Gauri was embarrassed! There were thousands of people in the auditorium and she fell on the lap of her ex-husband whom she never wanted to meet. Universe wasn't in her favor! She had panicked when she had met his face, her children's face came in her mind, his betrayal, and their misunderstanding and every moment spend with him.

What if he comes to know about her kids and take them away from her? All those thoughts were long forgotten when her eyes met with those dark ones. It's true "eye contact is a dangerous thing. But lovely. Oh, so lovely!"

{Image from Pinterest}

His brown eyes were overlooked and taken for granted by many, but never by me. They were never just brown. They are the comforting embers of a hearth, dark with specks of fire. They are the crinkled amber and tawny leaves that signaled autumn and the last glimmers of sunlight on a sunset sea. He was born with all shades of spice, tiger's eye and rich woods framed by perfect black lashes.

She heard her name being shouted and her maa pulled her out of 'his' lap. It took a moment for her to come back to the present and notice her and his family, her mother looked furious.

She always considered Jhanvi as her mother but she had a doubt that once Jhanvi face her own sons then she may forgive them and show impartiality towards her and her sister but the anger radiating from the old woman was an assurance for Gauri that she loves them both a lot more than she could ever imagine.

The ride from the auditorium to hotel was silent but Gauri hoped it wasn't because her sister, sons and niece was gaping at her throughout the ride.

Gauri entered her son's hotel room in night only to sigh. Half of the room looked like it was under a hurricane and she can easily conclude that the side belonged to Sid and the clean and tidy room belonged to Abhi.

"Hey mumma!" Sid said but his eyes was glued to the TV. Abhi had just exited the washroom after his shower.

"So are we going to pretend that nothing happened or are we gonna talk about it?" Gauri asked after a few minutes of silence. "About what?" Abhi asked with a frown. "The auditorium..." Gauri hesitated but from the corner of her eyes she saw Sid smirking...Oh God that's not good.

"How you were sitting in Dad's lap?" Sid asked with a raised eye brow. "Hey...I wasn't sitting. I fell and I don't know why or how I fell onto his lap" Gauri replied offended. It wasn't like she was dying to be on his lap. "Then what about the eye lock?" Sid asked as he turned off the TV. "Eye lock? What is that?" Gauri said not looking into her son's eyes, an act she does whenever she lies.

"Then Mom, tell us how do you feel about our medals after all you were too excited when we received it?" Abhi asked folding his arms, an teasing smirk playing on his face. What? When did that happen? She was too engrossed in his eyes that she forgot the surroundings and even her children getting accolade?

"Aankhon Mein Teri
Ajab Si Ajab Si Adayein Hai
Hoo Aankhon Mein Teri
Ajab Si Ajab Si Adayein Hai

Dil Ko Banade Jo Patang Saanse
Yeh Teri Woh Haawaien Hai "

Gauri looked on wide-eyed seeing Sid and Abhi singing and enacting her.

"I will show you both!" Gauri threw cushion at them making them run from there while she chased them.

"Mumma, I want to go to bhaiyyas room" Ruvya whined while jumping on her bed. It has been an hour since they came to the hotel and she was in her mumma's room and she wasn't allowed to play with her bhaiyya's until she had her shower.

"Ruvy, give me a second!" Bhavya said in a tired tone making Ruvya pout impatiently.

She was glad that she didn't had any embarrassed meeting with her ex-husband like her sister had. But he did tried to talk to her only to be warned off by her mother. Did he notice Ruvya with her? She hoped that she could go back to Mumbai soon so that she and her family will be away from Oberois.

Bhavya's thoughts were broken by the squealing of her nephews who jumped on her bed. "Bhavya maa, mumma is chasing us! Save us!" the both hid behind her making the room filled with joy. Ruvya too laughed and jumped on the bed seeing her bhaiyyas doing it.

Bhavya and Gauri tickled her kids making the room echo with laughter. "Daadu, dekho na" Sid pouted spotting his favorite grand-parent. "What are you both doing to my grandkids?" Tej asked his daughters with a fake stern face.

"How about I show you?" Jhanvi asked as she tickled her husband. Sid, Abhi and Ruvya started tickling their mothers seeing her grandma. They all stopped when everyone was short of breathe.

"Are you sure?" Abhi asked his grandfather once again. "Yes I am!" Abhi didn't further asked. Morning itself his grandfather had told him about inviting Oberois back to Oberoi Mansion and before he could question about the decision he was thrown inside their car while his brother and sister along with his mummas and daadi stayed back in the hotel.

Omkara was anxious! What his father wanted now? Why did he suddenly wanted to invite them back to Oberoi Mansion? Gosh! He never thought he would meet Gauri after a decade like that. Her skin became too soft after all these years.

"Stay away from Gauri!" Omkara got startled hearing his mother's sound. He looked around his room and realized that it was just his imagination. Now he understood how Rudr felt when their Mom threatened him.

"O, Dad is here!" Rudr informed and Omkara nodded. He went to hall and saw his father and Abhi sitting with others.

"Where is pinky?" Tej asked noticing her absence. "Mom fell down and is in bed rest!" Shivaay informed and Tej noticed Abhi smirking without anyone's notice. What he might have done!? Tej wondered.

"I came to invite you all back to Oberoi Mansion" Tej said not beating around the bush. "I can't wait to have my family all back together" Daadi said as her son Shakti nodded.

"Tej uncle, have some jalebis" Anika forwarded the plate making Tej look at the food in greed but before Tej could take a piece Abhi held his hands.

"Jaanu daadi already warned me about your sugar level. She told me not to let you have sugar" Abhi told Tej as he pouted. "She isn't here then how will she know it?" Tej said as he took the sweet but before he could devour it he heard his phone ringing.

"How does she always do that?" Tej whined seeing Jhanvi's call.

"Hello Jaanu"

...."No, I am not having any sweets"

..."Why do you need to talk to Abhi? Don't you trust your own husband?"

..."Video call? Okay I will but remember I love you baby"

Tej walked out of the hall to talk to his wife.

"O, Are you sure that's our father itself?" Rudr asked in wonder. "I think Mr.Oberoi is possessed" Om said back to his brother.

"Mumma, tell me what is it?" Sid asked impatiently. His daadu talked with Oberois and they will reach Mumbai the next morning. "Mom see this I made my hand disappear" Sid said hiding his hands inside his long sleeve. "Wow bhaiyya, how did you do that?" Ruvy asked seeing her bhaiyya's super power.

"Kids, you know that Oberois are coming back to Oberoi Mansion, right?" Bhavya asked as the trio nodded. "Since they are coming, it's time for us to go" Gauri told her kids gently.

"Go? But this is our home" Ruvy said in a sad tone not wanting to miss her room. "No, it's not!" Bhavya told her daughter gently.

"Where will we go?" Abhi asked making his Gauri mumma and Bhavya maa look at each other.