Ambassador Foundations

The wonderful thing about Wattpad is its community. Each and every one of its Ambassadors are committed to help maintain the positive nature of that Community, help keep it safe for everyone to use and enjoy, and contribute positively to its growth.

Being an Ambassador means that you want to give something back to the Community. We focus on helping people find their way around, show them where they can find useful information, curate amazing reading lists, and try to encourage and nurture new writers.

The Ambassadors are volunteers. They don't join to gain power or popularity but work quietly behind the scenes to ensure the smooth running of the Community.

Ambassadors are a positive force in the Community. Wattpad users are diverse, passionate, and eclectic, and the Ambassadors reflect that themselves. The diversity of the Ambassadors and the Community they serve means we have to have patience, empathy and understanding, but also that we respect the diverse views and ideas of the Community.

A volunteer action is like a stone thrown into still water; even the smallest action creates ripples, and our volunteer efforts reach out far and wide to improve the Wattpad Community.

What Does it Mean to be an Ambassador?

As an Ambassador, you will need to be able to organize your own time. Although we work to process, rules, guidelines, training and support are given at all times. Because of the virtual nature of the role, you will decide what you do, how much you do each day, and when you do it.

We expect the team to be honest and impartial, and not to show favoritism. Joining the Ambassadors will not guarantee any immunity from our general guidelines.

Once you become an Ambassador, you will be representing our dedicated team of Ambassadors You will need to be careful with your interactions, be aware of the guidelines, and conduct yourself in a manner expected of an Ambassador.

Teamwork is dream work. To be an Ambassador, you have to be willing to learn new things. Willing to give and take: *give* your time and the knowledge you have for the benefit of the team and the wider Community and *take* feedback from your team members, the Wattpad Staff, and most importantly, the Community. We say this because everything we do constantly evolves in line with the changes we see on Wattpad.

Communication is key!

You don't need to be perfect - none of us are. We all make mistakes, but we learn from them, and the Ambassadors support and nurture each other so we can work best as a team to support the Community we love.